A traditional New Hampshire auto insurance policy provides liability and medical coverage and consists of the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury in an accident you are deemed at fault.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for damage to their property, such as their vehicle, fence, guardrail, etc.
- Medical Coverage covers the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation, and funeral expenses.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury pays for your medical bills, and for those of your passengers (within policy limits) if you are injured at fault of others when the responsible party does not have vehicle insurance or enough coverage.
- Physical Damage Coverage is optional and offered as Collision or Comprehensive coverage. New Hampshire does not require drivers to maintain either option, but if you have a lean on your vehicle, a lender may require both until the loan note is paid in full.
- Collision Coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle, object, or as a result of a roll over. This coverage also covers damage caused by potholes.
- Comprehensive Coverage reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision.
Other optional coverage available on most New Hampshire auto insurance policies include:
- Rental Reimbursement pays the cost of renting a replacement vehicle if yours is damaged by something covered in your policy, and is either not drivable or in the shop for repairs. Coverage is based on a daily rate and limited to a specific period of time.
- Towing or road service will reimburse you the costs of either a tow or roadside assistance. Typical limits are $25, $50, or $75 per occurrence.
- Custom Equipment is optional coverage in addition to comprehensive or collision coverage, if your vehicle is modified in some way. Examples may be specialized radio equipment, amplifiers, aftermarket components, customized paint, and so on.